Welcome to the online InsideNGO Member Community-- soon to be renamed Humentum Connect. This online community is a place for members to share resources and information; ask for help; discuss problems and lessons learned; and enjoy talking with colleagues. We hope it will serve as a valuable addition to your membership. (Site: community.InsideNGO.org)
I. General Collaboration Rules
- Please be respectful and courteous as you engage in conversation about an issue. Abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Collecting personal data about other members for commercial or unlawful purposes, harvesting of information, cold-calling or mass-mailings, is not permitted
- We request that all members who engage in an eGroup recognize that it has been established as a trusted place for members to engage in discussion. Please respect the spirit of confidentiality. Questions or responses posed in the forum should not be copied or shared externally without the express consent of those who contributed to the discussion.
- Remember that all statements/postings made on the InsideNGO Member Community will be attributed to an individual name and organization.
II. eGroup Discussion Forum
Help prevent e-mail overload
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me too" to individuals using "Reply to Sender" - not the entire group.
To get the best response to your question
- State the topic of your comments concisely and clearly in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately and makes it easier to search the archives by subject.
- Avoid multiple or compound questions in one posting – instead provide a brief explanation or outline of your single issue.
Is there anything I cannot post or ask?
- Recruiting and job postings are not permitted. Instead, please see the job board on InsideNGO’s public site at www.insidengo.org
- Although vendor and product reviews and recommendations by members are encouraged and welcomed, the commercial offering of goods or services or solicitation of contributions is prohibited.
- Requesting specific salary, bonus, or other compensation-related information is not permitted due to laws that may view this as price fixing. InsideNGO, as an independent third party, can conduct mini-surveys on your behalf.
Often you will receive direct responses to your question. If you have asked a question or taken a poll, please summarize answers to your question for all to benefit. Remove names and organizations prior to posting the summary of responses.
Use of this online Member Community is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance of the terms, conditions and notices contained herein. You confirm your acceptance of, and agree to be bound by, this agreement and all such terms, conditions and notices.
Access by Members Only
The InsideNGO online Member Community is a benefit of membership and is accessible only to dues paying members. You may not provide your login information to anyone else. If someone in your organization wants to access the site, please have them log-on or call InsideNGO and we will help them set up a user name and password.
Monitoring of Site:
InsideNGO does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, InsideNGO reserves the right to take appropriate or necessary action should a violation of law or InsideNGO rules be reported, including but not limited to moderating and removing, rejecting or editing any message or shared resource for any reason. InsideNGO also reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines and rules.
Usage of online Member Community
You agree to use this site only to post, send and receive messages and materials that are appropriate and related to the site. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the members-online community you will not:
- Falsify or delete author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations indicating the origin or source of information that is uploaded or downloaded from InsideNGO Online Community Site;
- Use the online Member Community for commercial purposes, including, but not limited to, advertisements, promotions, offers to buy or sell goods or services, contests, or sponsorship banners;
- Forward or provide information from the online Member Community to non-members.
Seeking professional advice
The member online community is provided as a service to InsideNGO member organizations and their employees for educational and informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional advice. InsideNGO is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by its members and disclaims all warranties with regard to accuracy, reliability, or legality of information posted on this site. In no event shall InsideNGO be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or revenue, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Copyright and Trademark Ownership, Notices and Infringement
The InsideNGO online Member Community and the content displayed including text and images, copyrights and trademarks, and other intellectual property rights therein or thereto, are owned and are proprietary to InsideNGO and are protected by the copyright laws of the U.S. and other countries.
InsideNGO does not claim ownership of the individual materials or information you may provide. However, if you provide such materials or information to InsideNGO you are:
1) Warranting and representing that you own or otherwise control the rights to your materials or information
2) Granting InsideNGO permission to use your materials or information
InsideNGO grants members the limited and nonexclusive right and license to access or download content from the Online Community solely for their personal and non-commercial use. Please do not share documents, files or other materials in a manner that would violate applicable copyright and/or trademark protection for that material. Fair Use permits the posting of small excerpts; web links to the full articles, when available, are encouraged.
Abuse Reporting and Privacy Inquiries
Users wishing to report abuse or to inquire about privacy concerns are invited to contact InsideNGO at email@example.com
You agree to indemnify InsideNGO from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including without limitation attorney’s fees) and damages arising out of claims based on your use of the Online Community.
If you have any questions about this Policy, the practices of this Site, or how to use it, please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org